Now that you’ve learned the basics and methodology in part I, join us to deepen your practice and teaching skills with more complex poses.
In this intensive we will learn how to use good biomechanics in yoga postures to cultivate and maintain steady ease in yoga asana (postures).
We will explore how to level, modify and use props to find the perfect balance of ease and effort in yoga poses.
We will look at yoga asana through a study of anatomy, kinesiology, and SomaYoga methodology so that your own practice and students practice can flourish with ease.
Specific SomaYoga techniques – such as aligning from the spine out to the extremities, using the technique of pandiculation to increase mobility and function – will be explored within the framework of this intensive workshop.
Perfect for yoga teachers who want to:
• safely teach poses for each individual’s anatomical brilliance
• teach students how to come out of compensation
• deepen your personal practice and understanding of poses
• teach a more therapeutic aspect of asana
• teach asana to many levels and abilities of students
• cue poses from the center out
• integrate neuromuscular re-education (Somatics) into classic asana
April 21st-22nd, 2017
Saturday: 8:00am-6:00pm (Breakfast- 9:30-10am) (Lunch- 1-2:30p)
10% discount to Yoga North ISYI alumni
*To receive the alumni discount call the Yoga North office directly. Discounts must be applied at the time of purchase and can not be given retro-actively.
*The yoga therapy components of our certification programs and courses are based on our accreditation through the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT), not derived from our status as an RYS® with Yoga Alliance Registry.